How to apply
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
Applicants for STJU Melbourne Joint PhD projects should:
- Identify a project of interest
- Register their interest with the project supervisor based at the University of Melbourne, including the following information:
- Name, contact details
- Joint PhD project of interest
- Cover Letter, CV and Transcript
- Any supporting documentation
- All applicants are required to meet the entry requirements for a PhD at both partner universities to be considered for the program.
- All applicants are required to meet the English language requirements of SJTU.
- According to SJTU policy, all Chinese nationals are required to have SJTU as their home institution.
SJTU home candidates will be required to complete 12 months of coursework at SJTU.
- All participants are required to complete 12 months’ residency at the partner institution.
CHECK ADMISSION CRITERIA
Minimum entry requirements for a PhD at Melbourne are summarised on the course website of the relevant faculty of your University of Melbourne supervisor:
- Faculty of Architecture, Building and Planning
- Faculty of Arts
- Melbourne School of Engineering
- Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- The University of Melbourne: visa and English language requirements
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University: English language and admission eligibility and requirements
The successful candidates will be funded by either UoM or STJU. This funding includes a full scholarship, health insurance and mobility support.
- All participants will receive a UoM Graduate Research Scholarship/SJTU scholarship when located at Melbourne/Shanghai. Please note that the SJTU scholarship for non-Chinese nationals includes a monthly stipend of 5000RMB, a monthly accommodation allowance of 1500RMB and the annual insurance of 800RMB as required by the Chinese government. Further information on accommodation and living expenses is available here.
- Scholarship support will be available for up to 4 years.